Are you searching for How to do Mac Dropbox Uninstall? this article is for you, Here we will discuss the proper solution in detail.
Dropbox is an essential application for Mac users. It helps you to synchronize files so that they appear simultaneously on cloud storage and save them. It allows them to synchronize files between their Mac and Dropbox accounts.
Mac Dropbox Uninstall – Why it’s Needs
If the Dropbox is overheating Macbook or the Dropbox eats a lot of Space on the Macbook. in that situation, the user needs to Uninstall it or install it later for the purpose of usage.
Before discussing the process of the Mac Dropbox uninstalls, you need to know that it’s not like deleting any other app from the system. when you simply delete the Dropbox from your Mac some folders and files and delete them. but when you take an action, in that case, the app is permanently deleted from your Macbook.
Note: If you want to do the action “Mac Dropbox Uninstall“ in the right way. it would be helpful if you read the instruction carefully.
Step 1 – Unlink Dropbox from Your Macbook
Step one of Mac Dropbox Uninstall is Unlink Dropbox from Your Macbook. for this action we will provide you the simple and easy steps.
- Click on Dropbox on the taskbar.
- Find parameters at the bottom right corner of the Dropbox menu and Click on it.
- Further, Select the “Preferences” option.
- Now, Choose the “Account” option.
- Click on the “Unlink This Dropbox” option.
Now, your first step of “Mac Dropbox Uninstall” is completed successfully. move forward to the 2nd step.
Step 2 – Quit Dropbox
The 2nd step of Mac Dropbox Uninstall is to quit Dropbox. for this action, we will also provide you with some easy steps.
- Click on the “Dropbox icon” from the taskbar.
- Find at the right corner of the Dropbox menu “small gear icon” and click on it.
- Click the option “Quit Dropbox.”
After this action, Your Quit drop box action will be done successfully.
Step 3 – Close the Dropbox Extension
Now, we are on the third step of Mac Dropbox Uninstall. at this step, we will learn how to close the dropbox extension.
- Goto to Applications, Further Goto Utilities, Further go to the Activity Monitor.
- Further, Quit the Dropbox process that is currently running.
Step 4 – Delete Dropbox
For this purpose, you need to move the Dropbox app to the trash section.
Step 5 – Uninstall Dropbox
Now, we will discuss How to do Mac Dropbox Uninstall in easy steps.
- First, launch the “Finder” on your MacBook.
- Click on the Go button, scroll down, and Further select the “Go to Folder” option.
- Further, type /Library and click on the “Go” option.
- Find the Folder “DropboxHelperTools.”
- Drag Your Dropbox into the Trash can.
- Your Dropbox will be uninstalled successfully from the MacBook.
Step 6 – Remove the Remaining Files
This step is very essential to uninstall Dropbox successfully. and free your MacBook Space.
- You need to find “Finder” on your MacBook and open it.
- Press the Go button, scroll down, and Further select the “Go to Folder” option.
- Type in (~/.dropbox) without brackets and press Go.
- Drag the folder of “dropbox” into the trash can.
Now, Your action of Mac Dropbox Uninstall is done successfully. now Dropbox can’t eat the memory of your Macbook.
After discussing this problem, take a look at the Dropbox Application. This can be useful in case you need to sync your photos, videos, documents, or other files between your Mac and Dropbox accounts. It helps to access files from other devices and keeps them synchronized across all computers. It is also a great way to share files with others.
Dropbox is a popular cloud storage service that offers users, both commercial and non-commercial, the ability to store files and folders in the cloud. Dropbox is also one of the most popular applications on Mac OS X.
Dropbox’s popularity has led to a number of technical issues with Mac OS X, including overheating and memory consumption issues (particularly when running multiple concurrent instances of Dropbox). These problems are not unique to Dropbox; many other online services use similar techniques to circumvent restrictions on memory usage, such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. The problem with these other services is that they do not offer their own version of Dropbox for Mac OS.
I hope you will enjoy this blog and quickly understand how to do Mac Dropbox Uninstall. we will also discuss the whole process in 6 easy steps. we will discuss all the processes in terms of short pieces. hope you will enjoy it. if your still face any problems, just ask freely in the comment section.