Mute someone on Instagram is a new feature introduced by Instagram. Peoples are a little bit confused about what does mute mean on Instagram. But it is effortless, and you need to understand the purpose of this fantastic feature. This is helpful for you in some circumstances.
Instagram introduced this feature to give comfort to its users. It means if you want to follow someone on Instagram. But you don’t have any interest in seeing their posts and stories. So the mute function is helpful for you.
Instagram allows you to mute someone in two ways. The first is to mute their post, and the second is to mute their stories. It depends on you what you want to mute. This feature is fantastic because if you mute someone so they do not get notified about your action. They have no idea that you will mute them.
If someone irritates you on Instagram. or if the content that they posted is harmful to you. But you don’t want to unfollow them, so this feature is perfect for you. Just mute it and enjoy spending time on Instagram. I hope you will quickly understand, What does mute mean on Instagram.
So let’s talk about How to mute someone on Instagram.
How To Mute Someone On Instagram
Now we discuss How to mute someone on Instagram. It is effortless to mute someone on Instagram.
- Open your Instagram Profile
- Tap on the Following button
- Search in a list of your following and Find the person you want to Mute
- Tap on the 3 dost That will appear on the right side of their profile
- Tap on mute
- Select what you want to mute posts or stories
Now We discuss How to mute someone on Instagram with the help of screenshots.
- Open your Instagram profile by clicking on the tiny profile pic that will show you at the right bottom of your Instagram home page.
2. Now tap on the following button to mute someone.
3. When your following list has been opened, type their profile name in a search option to find them.
4. After finding the profile, Tap on the 3 dots that will appear on the right side of the profile.
5. Now you can see two options 1st is managed notifications, and 2nd is mute. You need to tap on the Mute option.
6. After selecting the mute button, Instagram allows you two options. 1st is mute posts, and 2nd is mute stories. So it depends on you what you want to mute stories or posts.
This is the complete process of muting someone on Instagram. I try my best to clear all the questions, and I hope you will enjoy this blog and quickly understand what does mute mean on Instagram and how to mute someone on Instagram. But if you have any questions so ask them in the comment section. Plz, share this blog with your friends.