Nowadays, there are two standard wifi frequencies that are available in the market, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These are two different bandwidths. You need to assume which one is best for you and what Ghz is your Wifi. Most people have no idea how to check your Wi-Fi GHz. in this article, we discuss what GHz is my WiFi in a straightforward and easy way.
suppose you will use Wifi in your home, office, or any other place. So it is essential for you to know what GHz is my Wifi. The process is straightforward. I will discuss all the functions in an easy way.
What GHz Is My WiFi?
- Open your phone setting app
- Find the network or internet option and tap on it
- Now tap on the Wifi option
- Select the Wifi connection that connects with you and go into the setting
- Here you can find out “What GHz Is My WiFi”
If your Wifi device allows you to use Dual bandwidths in one device, you can see two options in your Wifi settings, and if your system is not upgraded and doesn’t allow you to use Dual bandwidths, like 2.4GHz or 5GHz at one time. Then your mobile phone only shows you the frequency of your bandwidth. According to this process, you can easily find out your Wifi GHz without any help.
Also read: How to disconnect AirPods from all devices
Now I Discuss, What GHz is my Wifi with the help of screenshots.
- Find your mobile phone setting app and open it
2. Search for the network and internet option and tap on it. If you will not find it, type network in the search option that will show you at the top of your screen.
3. Now, there are different options in front of you. Just tap on the Wifi option.
4. After this action, you can see all the access connections near your mobile phone. You need to tap on the link that will connect to your mobile phone.
5. Here, you need to find out the option that tells you the frequency of your Wifi network, and your confusion about “What GHz is My WiFi” cleared.
Some users are confused about which frequency is best and fast for Wifi 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. now we discuss in detail all the factors of this topic.
Which One Is best 2.4GHz 0r 5GHz?
After discussing What GHz Is My WiFi, here we discuss which one is best. Usually, a normal consumer assumes that 5 GHz is best for it according to its name, but the reality is too different. No sought the 5 GHz is best in this modern era, and it works on the latest technology, but in some cases, 2.4GHz is best, and in some instances % GHz is best. It depends on you to find out which one is best.
Here I will tell you some differences between the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz Wifi networks that will help you find out which one is best for you. Keeps in mind before investing your money to buy a Wifi device, check out whether the router allows you to connect with dual bandwidths or not. If it allows you, then you can use double bandwidth at one time.
Whenever we talk about range, so 2.4 GHz is best for a wide range, If you want to use your Wifi connection for a wide range, then set your frequency at 2.4 GHz because 5 GHz does not allow you to access your Wifi network for a wide range.
In the case of speed, 5 GHz is best for you because it gives you high-speed internet. And 2.4 GHz Wifi network gives you a low speed but a wide range. So it depends on you which one is best for you.
If I talk about interference, the 2.4 GHz Wifi network shows you a high interference, but a 5 GHz network is not best to show you a high volume of interference.
The main issue of speed depends on the channels that your Wifi network will use. In the same way, a 5 GHz Wifi network relies on a lot of channels instead of 2.4 GHz. That’s why when the data travel on a 5 GHz network, there is no collusion of data because there are many ways to travel data. While on 2.4 GHz, there are no more channels and ways to travel data. That’s why in this network, there are a lot of collisions of data that affect your Wifi speed.
I hope you will enjoy this blog and quickly understand this problem ” what GHz is my Wifi “. and also try my best to tell you which Wifi Wifi network is best for you 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.